Just a quick baby update:
We had another specialized ultrasound today.
(Specialized = EXPENSIVE!)
- Henry has 3 kidney's. The extra one is attached to one of his regular kidneys
- He has an extra tube running from the third kidney down to the bladder
- The bladder has a cyst in it because of the extra kidney/tube
- Chances of surgery are likely, but there is a possible chance it could correct itself
- We will not know if the kidneys improve, or work properly, etc. until after birth when he will have some special testing done.
- For now we go in to check amniotic fluid, regularly. Levels need to stay high -- not drop low.
- Right now his amniotic fluid looks good, even excessive (I am extra-bloated because of it, yea!)
- They will monitor baby/fluid closely. If fluid levels drops early, baby needs to come out early
- Meanwhile . . . we wait. :-)
That is all we know for now. I still have two months left until I am due, but I feel ready to give birth tomorrow. This has been the hardest pregnancy for me. I think it has to do with the underlying stress of knowing something is wrong. I try to ignore that fact as much as I can, but it is still there -- in the back of my mind. Even though the complication is fairly "minor" it still causes some concern.
Anyway, that is it for now. I am feeling (and looking) nice and chubby, my groin is in all sorts of pain most of the time, and it is worse after walking. Dang it. Oh well . . . may the next few months fly by quickly! I am dying to move my body again!
4 comments:
Mari I'm so sorry man. It sucks to feel like this.
I wish I could do something but can barely walk myself.
I hope things go well for Henry and he heals on his own.
hang tough mari. :)
Love you Mari and I hope the next few months go fast for both of us.
I hope and pray that everything works out and that he is born healthy and happy. Hang in there!
Post a Comment