For example . . .
Yesterday, I ruined my perfectly spotless driving record (no accidents, etc.) . . . I was backing out of a parking lot and I ran over the curb -- loudly scraping the bottom of my car. The kids freaked out -- so did I! I managed to damage the frame of the car, but nothing too serious. Luckily, for me, there were plenty of on-lookers laughing at me, so I felt even more stupid. I sped out of there as quickly as possible, feeling very sheepish.
This morning I was washing my hair (major accomplishment!) and instead of using conditioner, I grabbed the body-soap and conditioned my hair with that. I must admit, my hair did have a nice shine to it. Maybe I should use soap in my hair everyday?
I have been using all the wrong words to describe things. I had a conversation with Charles and I described someone as "diluted" instead of "delusional". He made sure to correct me, and then laugh at me.
When I get together with my pregnant friend, normally (when we are not pregnant), if one of us is describing something and we can't find the right word -- the other one can figure it out. Now, we both have no idea what the word is . . . and we just have to move on with the conversation! :-)
And finally (but not really final, I'm sure there will be more) . . . When I was out running the other day, my head was in the clouds and I was not paying much attention to the wind. In my cloudy-head moment, I blew a snot-rocket, and it landed on William. Poor thing. Nasty.
Oh, pregnancy . . . why must you take my brain cells away? I could really use them.
7 comments:
i am not pregnant and i suffer from this ailment....i don't even have an excuse....old age maybe? sorry to hear about your car. :(
Actually, you can say deluded, which sounds a lot like diluted when you say it out loud. For example, "Don't be deluded into thinking that..." So you weren't too far off!
I feel like my vocabulary and ability to find the right word were permanently damaged by my pregnancies. I just call it "mommy brain," and I don't expect it to ever correct itself.
Our family calls it Mommy Brain too, and I have got a chronic case of it. I'm not happy to see others deal with the ailment, but must admit I find it comforting to know that others can relate.
Always remember that simultaneity and juxtaposition do not always imply causality.
--Dad
Ah, yes, Dad, but being pregnant DOES cause absent-mindedness -- there is NO doubt about it!(Brain cell volume actually DOES decrease during pregnancy!)
Knowing this means:
1. All pregnant women decrease brain cell volume
2. Mari is pregnant
3. Therefore, Mari's brain cell volume has decreased
Simple Logic. :-)
I am not implying causality, the simultenity of pregnancy and loss of brain cells/absent-mindedness is fact.
Just ask any pregnant woman, she'll know . . . though you may have to repeat the question a few times. :-) wink!
you blew a snot rocket at your child??? HAHAHAHA!
Congratulations! and unfortunately those brains cells you lose don't all come back. In fact more leave as those children fly the nest.
Post a Comment