Friday, October 28, 2011

Stop the Clock

I could be a GRANDMA in 10 years!

Sammi was doing some marriage-math, out loud. As she was talking, I had this strange feeling come over me. The concept of "time" hit me hard. I suddenly felt my youth flutter away. I looked at Charles with shock darting from my eyes. He felt it, too. How in the world could I be a GRANDMA, in only 10 years? I am so young. I feel so young. I mean . . . GRANDMA?? I know I have some time left, but the way time flies now . . . it does not seem that far away.


Before you know it, I will be knitting in my rocking chair, with grandchildren gathering at my knee.


Time. Slow. Down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From mom:

While you're knitting, Dad and I will be out exploring new worlds. (I might sit and knit with you once in a while)