Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chocolate Rocks

I love chocolate rocks.
I mean, I don't adore them or anything (not like I adore the superbness of Cadbury eggs, or Ghirardelli chocolates). But chocolate rocks do deserve a level of love from me -- like most decent chocolate items deserve.

I thought you could only get Choco-Rocks at the expensive candy store, for a ridiculous amount of money. But come to find out, you can get them in the bulk-barrel section for HALF the price at WinCo! (I do NOT love shopping at WinCo (yucky atmosphere), but I AM learning to LOVE their bulk section!)

So, if you are ever craving something yummy (NOT delicious, mind you -- just yummy), then head to WinCo and scoop-up some Choco-Rocks!

And don't forget to share with me! :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was young and Mom (Nan) was having babies, I remember every time she started getting towards the end of 9 months, she would eat "rock candy" and have Dad take her for bumpy rides, (pretty easy to find bumps in those ooooooold cars.) Any how, now I have to smile to myself and think of all my brothers and sister as new borns when I think of rock candy. Thanks for the smiles.
Love, Mom

The Holden Family said...

i just can't like those things....sorry. :)

Mari said...

Holden -- I would not expect someone who can make lemon meringue pie like you do, to enjoy something as basic as chocolate rocks. :-)

Becky said...

I don't think I've ever really eaten them, but they're super cute on gingerbread houses! I'll have to try them.

Dani said...

I will have to try them to see what level of love they deserve from me. :)

Mari said...

Like I said, they are worth loving, but not adoring . . . adoration is only allowed for "true" chocolate. :-)

Becky, I have never used them on a gingerbread house, but that is a great idea!

Dani, I have had your chocolate peanut butter cake, so I am afraid you might be a little let down by my rocks. ;-) Hmmmmm . . . chocolate peanut butter cake sounds really good . . . I NEED your recipe! Please? Pretty please? I promise not to make it for ward functions . . . just personal use. :-)