Monday, September 22, 2008

New Calling

The entire Young Women's Presidency was released on Sunday, and a new one was called. I am no longer the secretary (which I actually LOVED!) Now, I get to teach the Laurels! AWESOME! I am SO excited! I LOVE to teach, and the Laurels are the perfect age! We only have 3 girls in the class, much like when I was in YW -- but they are such great girls! Anyhow, I am totally thrilled with the new calling, and I actually love change, so it will be fun to get to know the newly called women! :-)

4 comments:

barbl said...

You will be wonderful! Weren't you a Laurel just yesterday?!

Anonymous said...

yippee Mari! Finally, your dream calling! Go get them! You will save souls. Testify, testify, testify! They will love you if they know you love them. I know you know that, but just a friendly reminder. I just taught a teacher training for RS tonight about teaching by the spirit and it was all about LOVINg your students first and the Spirit will come. I have a lot of quotes from the brethren if you're interested about how we should be teaching in the church.

Also,, do you know that primary song: "Teacher, Do you love me?" I love that song. We sang it tonight at our training. Sing it w/ Sam and Dan and you will feel the power of that song, especially when you replace the word 'teacher' 'w/ 'mother.'

love you.
Keep praying for Ray to heal. It's a slow process and the drugs are wearying to him and me. : ) I want my hubby back.

Kary

Katie The Lady said...

Cool! I have always wanted to be in YW.

Cheryl said...

Congratulations, Mari! The Laurels in your ward are lucky to have you. I agree with Kary, if you love them, they will know it and the Spirit will be able to testify to them! I agree with Barb too........you were a Laurel just the other day!